By “data”, I mean any information which could identify you. This doesn’t include anonymous data where your identity has been removed.
The information my site and I may collect from your interactions may include, but is not limited to:
- Data you give to my site or me. This can be by:
- filling in my site’s contact form
- corresponding with me by email or phone, or dealing with me in person
- responding to one of my emails
- Information I may collect. This includes:
- your name
- your company name
- your address
- your email address
- your telephone number
- why you contacted me
- what London Copywriter services are of interest to you
- your brief and other business documents you might supply with your brief (By the way, I’m happy to sign an N.D.A. before you brief me)
- Data collected when you interact with my website. This includes:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- your browser type and version
- your time zone setting
- your browser plug-in types and version
- your operating system and platform
- the pages you visit, for how long, and the actions you perform
- page response times
- your browser cookies
The law I follow when collecting data
According to data protection law, here are the occasions when I am allowed to collect and process your personal data:
- When I’m fulfilling a service. This includes my communications with you relating to any appointments or questions.
- When you allow me to use your personal data. For example, I might use it to tell you about relevant news and offers. You can ask me to stop sending you marketing messages at any time.
- If I have a legitimate interest. According to GDPR, legitimate interest is a reasonable business or commercial interest for processing your personal information.
My site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track visitors’ interactions . GA uses the data it collects to:
- record the number of visitors who come here
- understand how visitors find and use my web pages
- see visitors’ journeys through the site
Other information GA records includes:
- your geographical location
- your device
- your internet browser
- your computer’s operating system
None of this information identifies you personally to me.
GA also records your computer IP address, which could be used to personally identify you, but Google doesn’t give me access to it.
I use your information only to:
- arrange a meeting with you or ask for more information
- to move projects forwards
- protect my website and clients – for example, to investigate phishing or fraudulent activity
- keep a record of your relationship with London Copywriter
- share your details with a third party to complete a project (for example, with an art director or designer). I would only do this with your prior consent
If you’d like to change how I use your data, please read What are your rights? below.
Where I store your data
How long I keep your data for
I hold onto your information for as long as is necessary for carrying out my obligations to you, or when you give me consent to retain your information. I’m legally required to keep my client records for 7 years.
What are your rights?
You can ask me to:
- process your data for marketing purposes
- erase all of the personal information I hold about you (GDPR’s “right to erasure” or “right to be forgotten”)
- give you all of the information I hold about you
- not to process your data for the purpose of our legitimate interest. I will carry out your request unless I believe the legitimate interest overrides your circumstances
To exercise any of these rights, just contact me.
Links to other sites
This website has links to other websites. I try to make sure these other sites are of the highest quality, but I have no control of their content. When you click through to them, you may leave the area controlled by London Copywriter. I am unable to accept responsibility for any issues you might have regarding either their use of your data, their content or the services these sites offer.
If you have a question about a privacy issue not covered here, please ask me:
Call +44(0)7754 537 428 or contact me online.