Business to Business
My B2B experience spans almost the whole alphabet: from Amadeus (travel industry tech), to YouTube. I’ve written:
- launch brochures for London Excel
- ads for IBM
- scripts and DM for Google
- comms for financial services providers
- pitch presentations for a tech start-up
- web content for all sorts of IT hardware and software
In recent years, most of my B2B work has been tech related, including SaaS and fintech.
Although business customers have different mindsets and criteria from consumers, they’re still people. So it helps to break the ice by writing to them with a human touch. I like to inspire them with ideas as well as words.
A lot of the copy I see on B2B websites is self-absorbed. It doesn’t involve readers or relate to their needs. I prefer to write benefit-led headlines that connect with audiences.
Below are samples of my B2B work, both tech and non-tech, including long-format copy.